Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tea time? - Daegu Tea Expo 2011

"There is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea..." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Tea, it comes in many types and colors. The best tea is usually the one that was fermented/aged for long so as to retain a distinct flavor. However, not many people were really into learning the art of making tea so we purchase the tea from shops instead. :)


Last weekend (few days ago), I went for Tea Expo in EXCO Daegu. I am not really fond of tea but rather there to learn about culture. I like arts and painting but tea? I couldn't even tell the difference between Ceylon tea and the black tea, or are they the same???


Getting there from my uni is through my university's main gate. From here I took Bus no. 937 to EXCO (The place). This time, I traveled alone because the tea exhibition sounds too old-fashioned to my friends. This was my first trip to tea exhibition so why not I give it a try!

Getting there:




After reaching EXCO, at the side entrance you can see a nice hotel called Hotel Inter-Burgo just directly opposite the entrance. I haven't been inside here but I think it should be a good hotel as most high-end hotels were usually located next to convention center.


I know them all, do you? ^^


My country, psst... not Vietnam but.. Malaysia


At the entrance of the tea exhibition


My 10,000 Won ticket


Arranging tea cups... zzz... the beginning of boredom...


Tea Meditation *I think* - I did not try it


Tea pots, 80,000 Won (70 USD++) for a fist size pot


Calligrapher but not drawing anything fancy though..


Hanboks for sale..


My afternoon snack

The whole trip was excruciating boring (all senior citizens nia) but luckily, I did learn something about this exhibition - I should appreciate tea because there are so many types of it and secondly, never ever come to this Tea Exhibition again until I turned 70, 80 years old. lol

"If man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty..." from a Japanese Proverb

No comments:

You might also like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning" ~Winston Churchill~