Friday, August 12, 2011

12 August 2011

호떡 (Hotteok) or Korean pancake is one of the many famous street food in Korea. However, it's actually quite difficult to make it at home even with the readily packed ingredients! (Oh well, this was my first time trying it)



Hotteok should really look like this (above) but when I tried making them, they turned out like that (below)





Yummy? Hehe. I followed the instructions but how come the dough can be so sticky? Hmmn...

The dark "over fried" thingy was actually the ingredients/sugary stuffing inside the dough (the size of my fist) but because it was too sticky, it came out when I tried to place the dough on the frying pan (the dough stuck on my hand -_-") .

Maybe I can't start a Korean restaurant in Malaysia unless someone likes eating "a little" over burned food. :P

You can try nice Hotteok in Seoul at Namdaemun (남대문), check out this link for personal guide there.

No comments:

You might also like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning" ~Winston Churchill~