Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Rumble in The Room!

What's JPA? Well... JPA stands for Civil Service Department and is widely known as the biggest scholarship provider in Malaysia. If I'm honest, i would say that my failure to secure this scholarship is my biggest disappointment so far. Although I have half expected the result to not side me, still i did not think merely result will jepordise the chances to pursue a career of my choice - medicine.

Why Medicine? Well, it cannot be denied that the society still regards being a doctor is far more superior compare to other fields. I pick medicine because i love meeting new people everyday and do something rewarding in life. I took a (very...very) big risk when i put medicine (Bidang perubatan) as a career in JPA form. It seems the society is getting smarter with more strings of A's they had obtained. I concluded that most top scorers do put medicine as their career choice when applying for scholarship. With the exeption of the majority, the minority do take medicine because of its high pay. I doubt it anyway... as i was told during my trip to the hospital that even doctors work part time...

I still remember my JPA interview, the first time i arrived, i was asked to take a test with lots of TRUE and FALSE questions given to be completed in less than 30 minutes. Questions range from "I love to lead..." to "I love to repair...". Fast foward, our team (We were sorted out after the test) was given a group topic on Patriotism... huh!!! After blah... blah... we were given the green light to head home. Thats all. 2 months later, the results were out and i am one of the unlucky ones not to get selected. It took me time to really recover from the disappointment but thats life anyway... get kick in the a***, but rise up again... I am sincerely happy for my friends who have managed to obtain the chance to pursue Medic in Ireland and Biotech in the states. They really deserve it. To those who will be taking your exams this year, best of luck!


POSTED ON FRIENDSTER BLOG, MAY 13 2007

No comments:

You might also like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning" ~Winston Churchill~