Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ushering 2013: A New Year Letter

Dear ...,

Happy New Year! Have you made your New Year resolutions? How are things going on? There are just so many things I want to know from you!

This year, I think I rather not be overly ambitious making unrealistic goals. Have you ever heard of the story of the hare and tortoise? Of course you might have heard of the ending- the hare loses the race.

Nevertheless, I think it would be quite impossible if both were to really compete face to face in real life. It is just that fairy tales may seem believable for kids but at my age, there's no such thing as that. I cannot comprehend why would the tortoise dare to challenge the hare in the first place. I admire his guts though.  

My birthday last year, it was really unexpected...
My New Year resolutions this year is quite simple. Simple as it may seems, I am still a little doubtful on whether I can achieve all of it this year or not. I have only a very few things I would like to achieve this year, after countless of unaccomplished goals set at the beginning of every year.

I would love to sleep early, I slept very late almost everyday last year. I know it is unhealthy but I don't really have any choice. Hopefully, this year, I can achieve this goal. My guitar is lying at the corner of my room, it seems to have a better year many many years ago than now. I will start playing it. 

I wish I can see ducks everyday, swimming around so freely. If I get bored, I can always have roast duck for dinner.
New year is not about self accomplishments too, I would like to make someone happy. Academic achievements was my focus last year and I did very well. However, academic achievements are not a measure of one successes. They are just to prove that we have mastered the theories and foundation of our field. 

Vision Korea 2012. It was tough making presentations in Korean but we succeeded. 
Frankly, at this point of my life, I am getting sick of studying. Sigh.

Do you love traveling to foreign countries such as visiting France and seeing the beauty of Eiffel Tower? Tasting the delicious dumplings in China? I really love to travel and experience many things. Don't you agree with me that travelling abroad is the best lesson we can ever receive?

I didn't find posing in the toilet like most girls do sounds cool... but I can also do it! Woohoo -_-"
If you are with me, lets do bungee jump too. It is not really expensive to try one here in Korea. Looking forward to hearing from you. 


Warm Regards,


Kyle


No comments:

You might also like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning" ~Winston Churchill~